The topic of self-defense at the TCSK can be presented in various formats depending on the need of those requesting the information. We offer but are not limited to the following formats:
- Short seminar, usually two hours; cost dependent on number of attendees and material covered
- Half day seminar, usually four to five hours; cost dependent on number of attendees and material covered
- All day seminar, totaling eight hours
- Classroom/gym environment, taught in two hour blocks one day a week for four weeks in a row, usually on a Saturday morning at the TCSK. The cost of this course is $75.00 per person due prior to class commencement
- Classroom/gym environment, taught in four hour blocks one day a week for two weeks in a row, usually on a Saturday morning at the TCSK. The cost of this course is $75.00 per person due prior to class commencement
- One hour situational awareness presentation with additional demonstration upon request; cost dependent on number of attendees and material covered.
The curriculum covered in the seminar and classroom/gym environment covers but is not limited to:
- Introduction of instructors, students, distribution of handouts, disclaimer (liability, injuries, etc.), and signing the TCSK Risk Agreement
- Demonstration and covering of body positioning using the head, shoulders, arms/elbows, hips, legs, knees, and feet—also cover weight distribution (on balls of feet for quick movement)
- Basic self-defense strikes and movements
- The four quadrants zones of the adversary
- Pressure points, basics of pressure point control/striking
- Wrist escapes
- Chokes escapes (front, rear, side)
- Hair hold escapes (front, rear)
- Bear hug escapes (front, rear with or without arms pinned)
- Practical application with partner, assistants, and instructors
- Basic ground escapes
- Demonstration only of knife attack/escape
- Demonstration only of hand gun attack/escape
- Performance testing of skills learned
- Final instructor sparring session.
The overall concepts taught in basic self-defense are situational awareness, neutralization of the threat, disengaging the attacker, and surviving the encounter. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE AN ATHLETE TO TAKE THIS COURSE! IT STARTS AS LOW INTENSITY, STATIC MOVEMENT THAT FOCUSES ON LEARNING TECHNIQUES THAT CAN BE PRACTICED AND DEVELOPED AT HOME.
Please Contact Us for more information.